The Cordillera Region of the Philippines has six provinces,- Abra, Apayao ,Kalinga,Benguet, Ifugao and Mt. Province and one highly urbanized city – Baguio City. This region is home to various indigenous peoples collectively called “Igorots”. The richness of our heritage and culture gives us one unique identity – ” Our way of life in the highlands”.
OCNZ thrives in the principle and objective of identifying itself as an avenue towards empowering its members in facing life’s challenges while at the same time maintaining and strengthening Cordilleran cultural roots.
– Fundraising for victims of disasters in the Philippines
– Cultural performance, Annual Philippine Independence Day performance
– Sports and cultural dance competition, annual Filipino Labour weekend reunion
– Group representation
– Celebration of Filipino churches and religious fiestas
Support to members:
Welcome new members and their families.
– Auckland area/group representatives connect new migrants to members within the area for support and mentoring.
– Promote on OCNZ FB page like job vacancies and rental properties
– News and updates from the Philippine Embassy in New Zealand.
– Facilitate collection of financial support for bereaved members.
– Coordinate participation of the next generation and senior members in the activities.
Members and Supporters
Our Missions and Goals
Empower its members in facing life’s challenges in New Zealand.
To preserve, promote and strengthen the culture of Igorots/Cordillerans.
To advance the interest of and welfare of the members of OCNZ.
To contribute to the development and progress of New Zealand.
Proud Members and Volunteers
Myriam Dangatan Benito
Edgar Rondan Calapati
Jane Colos, Jeanne Atiwag
Julie Gangawen Langgato Manaa
Jane Marzan, Melody Palicos Galao
Audrey Agusdan Celino, Hannah Gail Antolin-Warren
Lourdes Valentin Domilies
Maribeth Aquino Malubay, Mark Soliba
Nancy Caligtan Cabedo
Romalyn Buking, Francis Pul-oc
Charlotte Aludos, Gabrielle Galao, Hyrro Pal-og
Shirley Guiguit, June Madalang
Maricel Santiago Dammay, Basilio Banggawan
Joel Timmango Leon